Monday, January 2, 2012

On the Road Again

Well, Tuesday is the day that Donnie has to go back to work. He has been off since the Friday before Thanksgiving. Before Daniel was born I knew that he was planning on being off for all of December, I really felt that it was way too long and not needed. I figured that I would be just fine and could just jump right back into normal ways and December is a big month for UPS which means lots of overtime money which would have been nice since my check will be cut. Boy, was I wrong!


I have so enjoyed the last month with all of our little family together. I gladly give up the extra money and I really am thankful that he was off. We have never been home together as much as we have been. I was really afraid that we would drive each other crazy because we are both so use to our own routinue, way of doing things, and being gone lots of the time. Wrong again!! It has been great. Donnie has gotten in several days of sitting in a tree. I would call it hunting but he saw only a couple of deer and they were not big enough to kill. I have loved not trying to jungle home and work. Donnie has helped out at home a good bit, too. He was able to go to Katie Lee's Christmas program at preschool, Virg's Christmas, and we did not have to wonder if he would get off early on Christmas Eve. We've had time to watch movies in the middle of the afternoon, play games with Katie Lee, and just talk rather than communicating on the phone or with notes. Katie Lee has really loved having both of us at home. She has decided that I should just retire. Sounds good to me.


I am sure that these two little ones will be very happy to see their daddy when he comes home tomorrow night.




I guess all good things have to come to an end.


I really dread Donnie going back to work. If he could just get off at a normal time like 5 or 6 it would not be so bad. I dread those days when he works 12 hours plus an hour drive to and from work.I hope UPS is kind (insert laughter) and will let him off at a reasonable time everyday.

No comments: