Friday, March 2, 2012

Read Across America

Today is Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss' birthday. Schools across the county spend this week celebrating reading and Dr. Seuss. Lots of schools have special activities all week long from story book dress up day to crazy socks to pajama read-in day. Katie Lee's preschool has also been busy celebrating. Monday they made Cat in the Hat mask. Wednesday they made Thing 1 and Thing 2 with handprints. Not sure what they will do today. Katie Lee went dressed for the day. She wore this adorable Dr. Seuss shirt that Carolee from The Peppermint Porch made. It looks super cute with Katie Lee's twirl skirt.


We also made Cat in the Hat treats for her class with these simple ingredients.


I dipped OREO cookies in white chocolate and let dry. I then dipped the ends of a marshmallow in red chocolate and sat them on top to dry. That's it. Cat in the Hat hats. If I make these again, I will dip one side of red in and dry and then do the other side. I think that will help with extra drips. I think they turned out cute and whimsical.





I found cute tag printables and tied those on the bags of hat treats.





I think Katie Lee is ready for the day.





I found lots of activities for this week including some that I will use in my classroom one day.
I found the hats from.


The fee printable tags from


No comments: