Sunday, December 6, 2009

December Daily--Day 6---Tour of Homes

Last night Donnie and I joined Will and Amber for a tour of homes and a progressive dinner in Historic Moorseville, AL. If you have never been to this little town, add it to your places to visit. What a fun night. We were able to see inside several of those beautiful homes and boy were they pretty. I always drive by old historic homes and wish I could see the inside so it was a treat for me to get a tour. We started our dinner with appetizers in the Stagecoach Inn and Tavern. We toured a few more homes and then to salads at the Brick Church. After that, several more homes and then time for dinner at Limestone Bay. It was a really good dinner. Donnie wanted a second plate. Then a few more homes and last but definitely not least dessert. The dessert was in the Barn. This was the fanciest barn I've ever seen.

I really wanted to take pictures inside some of these homes so I could remember the ideas, but I didn't think that would be the proper thing to do. Hopefully between the two of us, we can remember.






I would also like to thank our husbands for being such a good sport about this especially since Alabama was playing last night. I would also like to thank all of the homeowners for having this game on in their den's so the men could watch while we toured.

2 comments:

Oliver said...

My great aunt and uncle used to own Limestone Bay when it was Beddingfield's groc. Since my dad's family is from Mooresville it only made sense to have our wedding down there. We got married at the Old Brick Church and then had the reception at the store. I decorated the church with cotton (since Daddy's a cotton farmer) in galvanized buckets hanging from the sides of the pews and hurricane lamps.
Mooresville has always held a special place in my heart. Did you eat at the Mccrary's and the Crumblishes?

momx2 said...

Fun!!!
Love the purple coat