Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Friday was my 32nd birthday. Boy did I have a great one!
We had one busy and very fun weekend. Friday, Mother, Kathryn, Betty, Katie Lee, and I went to Birmingham to the Christmas Village. It is the best craft show! We shopped all day at the show and then went to Home Goods to check out there great deals. If only I had a place to store new things for our next house. :) We got home about 7:30. When Donnie got home and got ready we left and headed north to Lebanon, TN. We spent the night there before heading to the Tennessee/Memphis game in Knoxville on Saturday. It just so happens that Lebanon is about half way between here and Knoxville and it just so happens to have a great outlet. On Saturday before heading to the game, we headed for the outlets. (My highlight of the trip.) It has a Coach store so I got a new purse for my birthday from Donnie.


We got to Knoxville and found a place to park about a mile from the stadium. It was homecoming for TN. We got a bite to eat and then headed to the stadium just in time to see the band come over the hill playing Rocky Top.

We had great seats on the 50 about 17 rows up!!


Tennessee Walking Horse Champion
Smokey

We got home Sunday afternoon. We could not wait to see Katie Lee. This is the first time we've ever left her for two nights. I am not sure who was more excited to see the other us or her.

Sunday night after church, we had my birthday supper at Mother and Daddy's house. It was really good and then banana pudding for my cake. Mother and Daddy gave me some clothes and then surprised me with a picture of Katie Lee that Mother had gotten this man to draw for me. I was really excited over that. Kathryn and Zeb got me a bracelet. The sweetest gift was from Katie Lee. She picked me out bunny ears a few weeks ago while shopping with Grammie and told her that she needed to get them for me for my birthday. She was so proud of her gift that she picked out all by herself along with a pretty Mickey Mouse card. She even wrapped the bunny ears in her favorite Elmo gift wrap.


Needless to say, I had a wonderful birthday. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

7 comments:

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Our jewelry came in today, so you should be receiving that birthday present pretty soon! I'm glad you had a good birthday. May the Lord bless you with many more. I love you sissy!

Amber said...

So glad you both had a great birthday weekend. Can't wait to see your new Coach!

P.S. The scarf looks great.

Al and Brooke said...

I am so happy you had a "Happy Birthday"! Gotta love a new Coach purse!!!

I am with Amber, love the scarf!!! :)

The Burns Family said...

Glad you had great birthday weekend! Scarf looks nice!

Erica said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Hope you have many, many more!

The Barnett Family said...

Wishing you many birthday...sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend.

Tonya

Beth said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like you had alot of fun and surprises! I hope you have many more.