Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Since I on a Cleaning Spree...
I got a book (from the Scholastic bookclub that I send home to my class) called "The Moms' Book For the Mom Who's Best at Everything." It has all sorts of mom stuff. One I thought was funny and I decided that I would share it with all of you other housekeeping moms in the world.
Ten Excuses Not to DO Housework
1. As soon as the kids get home, they'll undo all your hard work, anyway.
Phyllis Diller said, " Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."
2. "There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years, the dirt doesn't get any worse," stated Quentin Crisp.
3. Maid services can be very affordable. If you don't work and you can't bear the though of watching someone else do your cleaning, grab some "me time"and go shopping or have lunch with friends while someone else slaves away amid the dust and debris of your home.
4. You are unlikely to be appreciated for your effort, whereas a great new outfit and a makeover will make you feel better.
5. There's always tomorrow!!
6. Make sure you have a friend who is messier than you. When you feel guilty because of your house, go and visit her. You'll be amazed at how clean your house will seem when you get home.
7. If you have a friends with immaculate houses, tell yourself that they must have too much time on their hands and leads a really boring life. You are far too interesting to spend all that time washing the windows, polishing the furniture, vacuuming the curtains, and scrubbing the kitchen floor.
8. Haven't you heard of spring cleaning? Once a year is enough.
9. Dust actually protects surfaces!
10. Frankly, there's always something better to do!