Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nothing Like A Classic

I love sweets no matter what kind. This is my favorite food group. Sadly, I tend to get too many servings of these in a week. I try not to make them too often even though that is what I enjoy cooking. I am not big on the day to day supper kind of cooking. Anyway, last night I decided to break down and make Rice Krispie Treats. I have not made these in years. My aunt Betty's are my favorite and mine always seem to turn out too hard or too sticky. Last night I made them and I will have to admit,they could give Betty's a run for her money. HA To prove how good they truly are, I have eaten half of the 9x13 pan of them all by myself and at the rate I am going will most likely finish them off in the next day!!



* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
* - OR -
* 4 cups miniature marshmallows
* 6 cups Rice Krispies®

1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I am seriously craving rice krispy treats now! Hope Katie Lee is feeling better soon.

Sallye said...

I'm with you! If dinner every night could be chocolate I'd be all for cooking.