Saturday, January 24, 2009

Eating Out

We eat out a lot. Unfortunately we eat quite a bit of fast food which would explain why I am the size that I wish I wasn't. Anyway, that is a whole other story. Usually I am pleased with the food, quality and over all eating out experience no matter where we go. However, we have eaten out twice lately and I have been completely disappointed.
First of all, a few weeks ago, mother, Kathryn, Katie Lee and I were eating lunch at Burger King in town on HWY 72. I had ordered Katie Lee a kids meal. She was very hungry and ready to eat. By the time she had eaten to almost the center of her burger I noticed it. Her burger was not cooked. I am talking pretty pink, so I took it back up to the counter. I told the girl that her burger was not cooked. She took it, looked at it, and said, "Oh gross" then proceeded to get her another burger. The manager was right there and never told me that they were sorry for the uncooked burger or we will give you your money back or anything. That really aggravated me not because they did not give me my money back but because it is dangerous to eat uncooked meat and then the fact that they did not seem to even be concerned that they had served a meal that was not properly cooked. By the time we finished another customer had taken her meal back too for the same reason. I will not be eating there for a long time.
Then today, we were eating at Arby's. I got our food and went back for napkins. While I was gone, Katie Lee wanted her milk so Kathryn gave her some. I came back and sat down and Kathryn just happen to look at the milk and the date on it said..
1-14-09...that is 10 days old!!! I took it back up to the counter where two manager looking people were standing. I told the girl that it was old milk. She said oh I will get you more. The male manager said, "Oh, was it sour tasting" and I told him that I had not drank it but my baby had. Then he proceeds to tell me something about babies have more taste buds for sour than adults. Who cares!!! Yet again they did not tell me that they were sorry or anything. I will take it off of my places to eat.
On a positive note, I will say that we frequent the Chick-fil-a in town. It is always very clean, the food is cooked correctly, service is great with kind and helpful employees. It is my favorite fast food place in town. Katie Lee loves it too. We can just drive by and she points to it and says "Mmm."

4 comments:

Amber said...

I had an uncooked meat experience about 3 yrs ago at Shoneys and to this day refuse to eat there. It is even worse when it is your baby.

Dana said...

That is terrible! I can't believe they didn't even offer some sort of apology. People just don't care anymore. I will have to make sure that I don't eat there as well.

Unknown said...

Love Chick fil-A. I hate eating at fast food and hate even more when it is uncooked. I hope your little one was okay.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Leanne, thank you for stopping by, it's very nice to meet you and I hope you'll come back often.