Monday, July 26, 2010

It Was Bound To Happen

Katie Lee climbed out of her baby bed. Yes, I know she is almost 3 and I am sure that she could have for well over a year now if she wanted to bad enough, but she hadn't. Tonight was the night. Donnie had not gotten home yet and Katie Lee was super sleepy due to no nap today. I read her her story, prayed for everyone, got a drink of water, and then tucked her into bed. She did not want to go even though she was so sleepy. I had gone to take a bath and could hear her crying. I figured that she would stop and be a sleep in just a few minutes. Well, the next thing I know she is standing beside the bathtub with her sweetest of smiles. I asked her how she got out of bed and she just smiled and said ever so matter of fact, " I climbed out real carefully mommy." Trying to hide my laugh I had to get on to her and tell her how dangerous that was and how she should never do that again. I had really planned on her staying in the baby bed until we move just because there is not a lot of room for a big bed in this house, but I may have to break down and put a big girl bed up.

2 comments:

The Barnett Family said...

Both of my boys slept in a baby bed until they were 4 years old. I know Caleb never climbed out, but I think Rylee did. He is going to be my one to watch out for!!! Sometimes it is hard to keep a straight face when you are laughing inside.....

Amber said...

Looks like you got the big bed right on time!! Too funny. I'm just waiting for Wyatt to get brave and do it!