Monday, April 14, 2014

Storybook Ball 2014

The local public library in town is building a new library. I think it will be great for the community. They are trying to raise funds for the building. One of their fundraisers is the Storybook Ball. This year marked the 3rd year of it and it has raised over $20,000. People sponsor a table to decorate based off of a favorite children's book. Kathryn selected Chicka Chicka Boom Boom as her table inspiration. I think it turned out super cute with the bright colors and large coconut tree.


I also took pictures of other tables. Everything we bright and happy and the kids LOVED it. 










Peter Rabbit table was one of my favorites.  It was so pretty. 







Kathryn and Langdon. 
My littles and me. 

Love this picture of  Langdon. 


Paige and her girls sat at our table. 
Katie Lee and friends dancing to the music.  They had a live children's band to play. 


Daniel had to dance.  

Dancing together.  Wish they had looked at me.  :)



Langdon singing and playing his fiddle.















Daniel checking out the scarecrow. 





1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a great idea! I work in a library and love that your community is so interested in literacy. The tables were so creative! Thanks for sharing this.